Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/y7r0vv75n43y/public_html/ssmc/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php on line 186
Sovereign Souls M.C.
The Sovereign Souls Motorcycle Club was the brainchild of Matthew “Comrade” Linton. A patch-holder with another club for over seven years, Linton had his own vision of what a club should be. In 2009, he began sharing these thoughts with a fellow club member, George “Preacher” Bogle. The two of them worked together to assemble a team of bikers, some who had been in patched clubs before and others who had ridden independently for decades. This group of friends worked together to make the Sovereign Souls Motorcycle Club a reality. The club was loosely formed in the end of 2009 and was granted full patch status in early 2010.
The SSMC is a fully recognized Three-Piece Patch, Outlaw Motorcycle Club. The SSMC is completely autonomous and does not act as a support group for any other local or national organization. However, they are members of the Confederation of Clubs and Independents and do all they can to support the motorcycle community at large.
Sovereign Souls is a “Family Friendly” organization:
Members are to hold the Sovereign Souls at the top of their priority list, surpassed only by what is necessary to maintain their individual family and their individual source of livelihood (income). The club is not to be used as a front for any illegal activity that could potentially harm or interfere with any member’s family or job. Our motto is “It’s the Club, it’s the Brother.”
Brotherhood of the Sovereign Souls
- Membership is open to men only
- Each candidate for admission must be at least 21 years old with a visible and legal source of income and a valid motorcycle license
- He must be sponsored by a voting member in good standing and own at least one (1) Harley-Davidson or facsimile of at least 1200cc.
- Prospects must show a sincere interest in the club and motorcycles.
- Each candidate for admission must attend a minimum of six (6) regularly scheduled monthly meetings and participate in at least six (6) official organized rides. The process is generally as follows:
- Anyone is invited to “Hang Around” the club for as long as they wish before beginning the Prospecting phase. This means that you are welcome to get to know us through any of our open functions or runs. All members must first go through a “prospecting” phase, which requires being sponsored by a member of the club. Use the Hang Around time to get to know someone well enough that they will take you on as a sponsor.
- 1st meeting: If a man is interested in becoming more involved, they will express an interest in attending a meeting (generally to the member who will become his sponsor). If he receives an invitation, he will be welcomed at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- If that person is still interested, they will attend additional meetings, after which they may formally submit their application. The applicant shall submit an Application for Admission to the Club’s Secretary
- The applicant will then address the brotherhood as to why they want to join this club. If the brothers vote in favor of the hang around they may begin the prospecting phase.
- Hang around and prospecting times are not guaranteed attmitance
- The prospecting phase can take as long as needed to until a prospect proves their worth.
Think you have what it takes?
Only one way to find out.